Salmon with Roasted peppers
Eaten on it’s own or as a patty with a burger bun with a side of salad or coleslaw or whatever comes to mind.
250g (about) baked salmon
1/2 roasted bell pepper
1 small onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon salad dressing (used roasted sesame)
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 tablespoon potato starch
3/4 cup panko or regular breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika powder or sumac
- Baked the salmon as in my Baked Salmon recipe. Remove skin, flake the salmon when cooled to room temperature.
- Use half of the roasted bell pepper as prepared in my Roasted Bell Peppers (Capsicum) recipe. Cut into small pieces. Set aside
- Chop the onion into small chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together. I have found the best way to mix them is by using my hands. Grab a bunch of ingredients & squeezing them together, helps to bind them. You can wear gloves, like I did, when you do this.
- Separate them into 8 portions/patties. I like to place these patties in the freezer to harden as they tend to hold the shape when frying/cooking.
- Suitable for freezing.
TIP: Place patties onto parchment/baking paper before freezing or chilling in the fridge helps to prevent the patties from sticking onto the plate when you are ready to cook them.