Soft, slightly chewy. Best of all – no chocolate chips!!
I am not sure why there are so many recipes for Quinoa cookies have chocolate chips in them. I much rather have nuts and/or dried fruits in them in order to fully enjoy the full health benefits of Quinoa.
This recipe does not include any dried fruits and is not sweet. So, if you rather have a sweeter cookie, you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cups of dried cranberries (or other fruits) or up the amount of sugar used.
Almond Quinoa Cookies (Gluten & Dairy Free)
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
1/4 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- Lightly crush the slivered almonds.
- Beat the egg, sugar, vanilla essence & oil till it comes together and is light.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, salt & baking powder into the egg mixture.
- Add the almonds and mix till it comes together as a soft dough.
- Line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180ºC (375ºF)
- Using a cookie scoop (No.70) or 1 tablespoon to drop the dough onto ungreased parchment paper. Spread out with about 2″ (5cm) distance. The cookie dough will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or when tops have turned golden brown.
- Allow to sit on tray for about 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Keep in airtight container for 2-3 days or longer in the fridge.