What is GFDF? Gluten Free Dairy Free.
Decided to try playing around with the Gluten Free Pound Cake recipe found on the back of Bob’s Red Mill GF Stone Ground Sorghum Flour since my previous trial of using a mix of the Sorghum Flour and some others for a GFDF starter was not very successful.
For future bakes, I would reduce the baking time to 40-50 minutes and perhaps lower the temperature slightly as it could just have been my oven or the Calphalon loaf pan that I used.
Another point for those who like it sweet – this is not a very sweet cake! Increase the amount of fruits or honey for a sweeter taste.
Honey Banana Loaf GFDF
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Sorghum Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Starch (not flour!)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Mash the banana with the baking soda. Add enough orange juice to this to make a 1/2 cup measure.
- Mix the other dry ingredients (rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, Xanthan gum, salt) in a mixing bowl or plastic bag. Stir or shake to mix.
- Eggs (no shells) in a mixing bowl. Beat till light & frothy.
- With mixer still running, add the oil and then the honey.
- Add the banana mixture to the mixing bow and beat till well mixed.
- Add the flours to the wet ingredients, 1/4-1/2 cup at a time until it is all used up.
- Add the raisins & almonds and mix well.
- Pour mixture/batter into a well greased 9″ loaf pan
- Bake in preheated 350ºF (175ºC) oven for 45-60 minutes.
3 thoughts on “Honey Banana Loaf (GFDF)”
This loaf was so good! What a great recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person
so glad you like it! Happy eating!