Is the tomato a fruit or a vegetable?
What is of import are the benefits of eating the tomato and noteworthy that cooked products of tomato contains more lycopene than the raw fruit/vegetable. Some of the most common cooked tomato products are tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, tomato paste, etc.
4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry the onion & celery in some oil till the onion turns opague or translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, dried herbs & sugar. The sugar will help to take off the sourness and counter the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till the tomatoes have wilted or turned mushy.
- Season with salt. Turn off the heat.
- Use a hand held stick blender, blitz the soup till all contents are liquified.
- Serve as a main with bread rolls/slices or as a side.
Note: Replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock for a vegetarian/vegan version of the soup
2 thoughts on “Tomato Soup”