If you are trying to make something healthy for a special relative who has gluten and/or lactose intolerance, you might want to try this new recipe.
Do take note that this was not meant to be a nut-free recipe. It can be with the omission (leave out) of the walnuts and possibly the Soy Lecithin if you are concerned about possible allergies to soy.
Gluten & Dairy Free Banana Loaf
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon soy lecithin
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe bananas)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mash the bananas with the baking soda and leave for about 20-30 minutes.
- Beat eggs with the brown sugar until it is light & frothy.
- Slowly add the oil and mix till it comes together.
- Add the soy lecithin and allow it to absorb the liquids for about 10 minutes.
- Add the mashed bananas & chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder & salt into the mixture. Stir to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-10″ loaf pan 3/4 (three quarters) full or into a greased 9″ or 10″ round cake pan. There may be some extras left if you use the loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 180ºC (375ºF) oven for 45-50 minutes.