Simple and healthy. High in Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, B vitamins, potassium and others.
The internet is full of information on the Health Benefits of eating salmon and why we should eat it.
That said, one has to be careful of where the salmon is from and what methods are used on the wild farmed salmon.
2 salmon fillets, skin on
salt & pepper
some cooking oil
- Pat dry salmon fillets. Flip fillets so the skin side is up.
- Cut 2 slits about 1.5cm (1/2″) deep onto the skin.
- Season both sides of the fillet with salt & pepper.
- Preheat oven at 200ºC (400ºF) on Grill setting (if you are able to do that with your oven)
- Put some oil on a baking dish and place the salmon fillets, skin side down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes for a nice baked colour.