It was supposed to risotto except I bought risoni. Pasta instead of rice and it was good. Portion cooked (the whole box of 500g) was too much for the 4 of us, so I will be eating mushroom risoni for a little while.
The wild mushrooms used was a gift from someone to my sister and this was my virgin attempt in cooking with wild mushrooms! You can substitute the mushrooms for a punnet of brown mushrooms, sliced, for this recipe.
Ingredients: serves 4-6
Handful of wild mushrooms or a punnet (about 250g) brown mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, medium size, diced
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnishing
- Fry onion in some oil in a saucepan till clear.
- Add mushrooms and fry till cooked.
- Add risoni and fry lightly. Add a ladle of chicken stock.
- Stir and keep adding by the ladleful the chicken stock when the liquid evaporates.
- Keep stirring and adding the chicken stock until all is used up.
- If the risoni is not al dente, add water. Keep doing this until the risoni is cooked to your liking.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and stir to mix. Garnish with the chopped parsley before serving.