Looking for a different way of cooking prawns. Something easy and done in minutes. This is it.
It can be served over pasta or as tapas or appetizer. I served mine with a savory millet & blanched french beans.
Ingredients: serves 2
250g shelled tiger prawns (size 26-30)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tablespoon liquer or sherry
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoon chopped English parsley
- Make sure prawns are drained of liquids and fairly dry. Season with the salt & paprika.
- Heat olive oil in pan and lightly fry the garlic till it turns golden.
- Add the prawns and fry till they change colour (orange when cooked) or when they curl & plump up.
- Add the liquer and oregano. Mix the prawns well in this and cook till the liquer has almost evaporated.
- Turn off the heat, throw in the parsley, give it a stir and plate.
- Served with savory millet & blanched beans.