Aloo Gobi translated in English is simply Potato Cauliflower and is a popular dish in India and Pakistan.
A very tasty vegetarian dish that can be served as a main with basmati rice or naan or as a side.
Ingredients: serves 1 hungry man & his other half
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1″ ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
1 teaspoon black mustard seed
1 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon salt
- Dry fry mustard seeds in hot pan.
- Add oil & fry the onion, ginger & garlic till the onion is clear.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, cauliflower & rest of the spices.
- Add water, about 1 cup.
- Mix until the potatoes & cauliflower are covered with the spices.
- Boil till the potatoes are cooked.