Did you think I was done? This recipe is suitable for individual servings for quiche, tarts, etc. as it holds firm and is not as crumbly as the others.
1 3/4 cups plain flour
100g cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cold water
- Mix flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter and rub with your fingers till all the butter is incorporated (mixed) with the flour.
- Add the cold water and mix till it comes together into a ball.
- Add the whole egg and mix/knead lightly. Add more flour if the dough is still sticky.
- You can use the pastry immediately or chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes if you prefer.