Stir-fried chicken with a Thai / Vietnamese influence, the taste of which is very different from the Lemongrass chicken which I normally cook.
Ingredients: serves 2
1 chicken breast (about 400gm)
1 carrot, sliced
1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper)
1 bunch spring onions
Zest from 1 lemon
3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon ginger wine (optional)
2 dashes fish sauce (or 1/4 teaspoon)
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade together.
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized slices and place in marinade. Marinade for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Stir fry the bell pepper & carrots till the carrots are cooked.
- Add in the chicken and fry till cooked.
- Add some corn flour to the marinade and pour onto the chicken.
- Add the spring onions, stir to mix.
- Allow the sauce to thicken before removing from the fire.