Leftover chicken? I’ve been meaning to make it into a dish other than the usual chicken salads, chicken pie (yet to post!) or chicken whatever.
My family prefer the breast meat, hence I am always having to make something out of the leftover chicken legs (thighs & drumsticks).
Ingredients: serves 2
2 cooked chicken legs (fresh can be used)
1/2 cup freshly shredded coconut (dessicated works)
200ml coconut milk
2 cups water
4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
6 small potatoes, halved
Curry paste components:
1″ ginger root (about 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
2-3″ turmeric root (about 1/2-1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon fresh chilli paste (about 5 fresh chillis or 1 teaspoon chilli powder)
- Place all the curry components into a food processor, add enough oil to process all the fresh ingredients into a fine paste.
- Use a pot large enough for all the ingredients.
- Fry the curry paste in enough oil that it doesn’t stick.
- Add the chicken legs, if using fresh, and fry till browned on both sides.
- Add water, shredded coconut, eggs & potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the coconut milk.
- Allow to boil, taste and season with salt.
- Serve with basmati rice.