Puerto Rico = Skirt Steak = chimichurri
Interestingly, the skirt steak is not only a popular Puerto Rican dish but also popular in many Latino countries and areas. Argentina, South America and even in Scotland.
My first meeting with this dish was in a restaurant in Old San Juan near to the El Convento. This was in 2002, a very long time ago now.
Ingredients: serves 2
300g (10 oz) skirt steak
juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
- Mix lime juice, olive oil & garlic and marinade steaks for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove steaks about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Cook as you would regular steaks on a grill or griddle.
- Slice the steak in an angle against the grain of the meat.
- Serve topped with chimichurri.