Easy. Quick. Delicious.
I’ve been using the Lee Kum Kee Tomato Garlic Prawns premix for one of our favourite meal of Tomato Garlic Prawns with spaghetti.
Again, you can serve the prawns as a main in a Chinese meal or as what I have done and turned it into an Asian Italian fusion.
This portion is sufficient for 3 persons with a very generous helping of prawns. If you like it spicy, just increase the amount of chilli sauce or add
350g frozen Tiger prawns, shelled
1 onion, cut into wedges or sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
2 heaped tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
- Slit the back of the prawns and devein. Pat dry.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together in a measuring cup of bowl. Make sure the tomato paste is completely dissolved.
- Fry garlic & onion in oil till onion is clear.
- Add the prawns and fry till reddish orange (which means they are cooked).
- Add the sauce and stir the prawns to mix well.
- Remove from heat when the sauce bubbles & thickens.
Tip: Store the balance of the tomato paste in a container. Place clingwrap over the surface of the paste, ensuring the whole surface is covered. This helps prevent mould from breeding and the tomato paste will keep for a longer periof of time in the fridge.