This is probably one of the easiest dishes to prepare. Nice as an appetizer on skewers or as a main or one of many dishes in an Asian meal.
350g (about 6 oz) frozen Tiger prawns, defrosted
4-5 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
bunch spring onions cut into lengths of about 5-6cm (2-1/2 to 3″)
60g (1/4 cup) butter
- Devein the prawns by cutting a slit on the back (outside curve) of the prawn. Cut the slit almost to the middle of the prawn so prawn opens up nicely when cooked.
- Pat dry the prawns. Try and get it as dry as possible.
- Fry the garlic in the butter.
- Toss in the prawns when the garlic just begins to cook.
- Fry till prawns turn reddish orange in colour.
- Turn off the heat and throw in the spring onions and stir to mix.