Playing around with my own Banana Oatmeal loaf recipe to see if I could somehow incorporate milk to the recipe without adding it in it’s liquid form otherwise too much liquid would kill the recipe. Do you get what I am trying to say? No? That’s alright. My experiment turned out alright.
Ingredients: makes 2-8″ loaves
1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup full cream milk
1-1/2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup fine dark brown sugar
2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Soak the instant oatmeal in the milk. Mashed the bananas into the oatmeal. Cover with clingwrap and keep overnight in the fridge.
- Beat eggs with a whisk till it feels light and gets frothy.
- Add sugar and whisk to mix.
- Slowly add oil & whisk till it turns almost creamy.
- Add the oatmeal mixture to the egg mix. Combine till it is well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder & salt into the egg mixture. Fold till the dry ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pans and bake in preheated 180ºC (375ºF) oven for 50-60 minutes. Test if cooked with skewer. It is cooked when the skewer comes out clean. Another way to tell is when the cake edges separate from the loaf pans.