Just because I didn’t want to cook stir-fried chicken with lemon the usual way…….. a different take on Lemon Chicken.
Lemon Chicken Stir-fry
1 chicken breast, sliced thin
3 tablespoon sugar
2 stalks celery, sliced
- Season the sliced chicken breast with salt & pepper. Allow to marinade 10 minutes or so.
- Slice the lemon as thin as you can. Half the circles.
- Heat oil in saucepan or wok. Add the sliced celery when the oil is hot.
- Add chicken breast and stir to cook.
- Add sliced lemons (yes….. ) when the chicken breast turns white (cooked).
- Allow to simmer and remove from heat when the lemon juice is released or when you only see the lemon rind.
- Set aside in a plate.
- Using the same saucepan or wok, add the sugar to brown (caramelise). No oil high heat.
- When the sugar starts to brown, add the chicken to the sugar.
- Turn off the heat and stir to coat the chicken with the sugar. You might get some shards of sugar lumps, very yummy.
- Garnish with parsley or celery leaves.