Couscous is such a easy pasta dish to cook. Pasta? Made of durum wheat or semolina, couscous has become another welcomed dish in many countries.
What I like about couscous is the ‘instantness’ of cooking. Practically just adding boiling water and allowing it to soak to rehydrate the pasta.
Throw in some vegetables & a protein for a quick snack or meal.
Couscous Chickpea Salad
1 cup couscous (dried)
1 teaspoon vegetable stock (optional)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chickpeas (drained)
2 tomatoes, deseeded & chopped
few sprigs of fresh parsley
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of salt
- Place couscous into a dish with lid.
- Add the vegetable stock & garlic powder to the couscous.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to the couscous, give it a stir to mix the vegetable stock & garlic powder. Cover for 5-10 minutes
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds. Chop into chunks.
- Chop the parsley as fine as you can. You can also add chopped mint.
- Remove lid & fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice & salt.
- Add chickpeas to the mixture, taste & add more salt or lemon juice to your taste.
- Eat as a meal or serve as a side.