‘Gyu’ for beef and ‘don’ for rice. What was and still is a comfort food for the Japanese has become a comfort food for many who love Japanese cuisine.
Yet another quick and easy meal to satisfy anyone.
Gyudon (Beef Rice Bowl)
300g of stir fry beef or chuck tender or steak
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon mirin (or sweet white wine or white wine)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon white wine
- Slice beef into thin strips
- Mix ingredients for marinade. Add the beef strips and allow to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Slice onion & fry in some oil.
- Add the beef strips when the onion turns translucent.
- Stir fry till the beef is just cooked.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Garnish with sliced spring onions.