When you are stuck with trying to think up easy and stress free recipes for a meal, try this for a quick fix. Well, maybe not so quick, as the cooking time is quite long, could be longer for the meat to be really tender and easy to pull apart.
I am using my French oven, not quite a La Creuset, in place of a pressure cooker or slow cooker. You have the option of using a slow cooker or pressure cooker, just make adjustments on the cooking time accordingly.
Pineapple Pulled Pork
600g (1 lb) pork loin
1 onion, sliced in rings
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 can (340ml) beer (I used my homemade pineapple Tepache)
1/2 cup sliced pineapples (fresh or canned)
10 hot dog buns
- Brown both sides of the pork loin in some oil in a Dutch (or French) oven. Once browned, turn off the flame.
- Mix the barbecue sauce, sugar, corn starch, vinegar & beer in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
- Spread the onion rings & pineapple slices/chunks over the pork loin.
- Pour the sauce mix over the pork loin, making sure the loin is covered.
- Bake in the oven for at least 2 hours.
- Use 2 forks to pull apart the cooked loin.
- Mix the pulled pork into the sauce. If you can wait, keep it overnight in the fridge for the sauce to seep into the meat.
- Served with Coleslaw (easy peasey) , salad & whatever you prefer.