This is a very simple stock that is turned into a delicious soup or consomme with the addition of salt & pepper.
Vegetables used are what I had in my fridge and you can try with different vegetables that you have on hand.
Ingredients: makes about 4 cups
1 fresh corn cob
1 stick of carrot
2 stalks of celery
1 white onion or 2
few stalks of parsley
- Remove the husk from the cob. You can choose to keep or discard the corn silk. Cut the corn into 2″ rounds.
- Wash & cut up the carrot & celery stalks. Do not remove the skin on the carrots. Cut into big chunks.
- Quarter the onion, skin and all.
- Place all the ingredients into a large pot and add water. How much? As much as you can fill the pot that it doesn’t overflow during boiling.
- Add the parsley and bring the pot to the boil.
- Lower the heat when the water starts boiling. You still want it to boil but not at high intensity.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring the stock to containers for storage. Remember to discard the vegetables, except the corn & use a sieve. The corn tastes great after this cooking!