Another Levantine snack. Healthy and easy using the Eggplant also known as aubergine or brinjal depending of where you are from and what varieties that is available in your country of abode.
In this dish, I am using the eggplant/aubergine which is fuller & has less of an aftertaste as compared to the Asian brinjal.
Method & majority of ingredients used are as in my Hummus recipe.
Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip)
1 medium sized eggplant/aubergine, about 300-400gm
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoon sesame oil
pinch of salt
juice from 1 lemon
- Remove the stalk from the eggplant/aubergine. Cut into half lengthwise.
- Brush top with some olive oil & sprinkle some salt.
- Bake in preheated oven of 200ºc (400ºF) for about 20-30 minutes, till top is slightly browned.
- Allow to cool till you can handle with your bare hands.
- Scoop the flesh out and place in a processor or mixing bowl.
- Add garlic clove, sesame oil, salt & lemon juice, pulse.
- Sprinkle paprika & chopped parsley over the baba ganoosh when ready to serve.
- Served with pita bread or naan or crackers or with cut vegetables.