Yet another banana loaf variation.
Ingredients: makes 2 9″ loaves
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tablespoon (3 teaspoon) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
100ml plain yoghurt
3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mash the yoghurt into the mashed bananas.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the vegetable oil & sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas, walnuts & cranberries into the mixture.
- Add flour, oats, salt & baking powder. Mix well & ensure there are no lumps.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and pour the cake mix into them.
- Bake in preheated 180ºC (375ºF) oven for 30-40 minutes. Test that cake is cooked before removing.