Not quite an apple cake or loaf. A bake for the many uncles & aunties that we sit with on the weekend mornings at our local kopitiam aka coffee shop.
Something quick, easy & not too sweet on the palate.
Ingredients: makes 1 brownie pan’s worth of apple brownies
1 apple, grated or finely cubed, skin/core removed
1 cup flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Beat eggs till light & fluffy. You can use a mixer or hand mixer or some elbow grease (beaten with a hand whisk!)
- Add in the sugar by portions and beat with each addition.
- Add in the oil, beat till it is incorporated into the batter.
- Add in the flour, baking powder & salt.
- Mix well.
- Add in the grated or diced apple.
- Pour into greased brownie pan.
- Bake in preheated 190°C (375°F) oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on rack. Cut into brownie sized pieces. Serve as is, with dusting of icing sugar or with ice cream.