I was down to the last remaining two (2) slices of this new recipe before I remembered that I needed to write up this recipe.
So before I forget, again, this recipe uses the same ingredients with the addition of baking soda as in my Banana Cranberry Cake.
Ingredients: makes 2 loaves
3 ripe bananas (makes about 1 cup or slightly more depending on the size of the bananas)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
3/4 cup cooking oil
- Mash the bananas with the baking soda. Leave aside till ready to use.
- Beat the eggs, sugar & cooking oil till light & frothy. Light as in light in colour & texture, Frothy as in bubbly.
- Mix the flour, salt & baking powder together in a separate bowl or like me I put it in a plastic bag (reusable!) and shake it all up to mix.
- Add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture. Stir it up.
- Add the walnuts & cranberries. Stir it up.
- Add in the flour by portions, making sure the flour is incorporated (mixed well) with the wet ingredients.
- Pour into two (2) greased loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 180ºC (375ºF) for 40-50 minutes.