- 2-portions of Pie pastry – bulk
- 3-4 red apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (white sugar does as well)
- 1/4 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven at 375ºF (180ºC)
- Grease an 8″ pie pan or dish
- Take 1-portion of the pie pastry. Roll out on floured surface to fit the pie pan/dish (you can roll between food/cling wrap or waxed paper instead of a floured surface)
- Prick the pastry with a fork. Leave aside.
- Place sliced apples in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, flour and spices to the apples. Stir to mix well.
- Spoon the apples into the prepared pie pastry, making sure that the apples are spread to the edges of the pan.
- Pour the honey over the top of the apples.
- Roll out the other portion of the pie pastry and place on top of the apples/pie dish.
- Use a fork to press the edges of pastry to seal. This will prevent the juices from flowing out from the edges during cooking.
- Cut a slit onto the pastry for venting.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Leave to cool before serving with ice-cream
2 thoughts on “Apple Pie”