A dish that is normally served during confinement. Confinement is the period of time, usually a month, after birth.
250gm (about 8.8oz) pork fillet
5cm (2″) ginger
2 tablespoon black rice wine vinegar (balsamic vinegar works well
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon cooking wine (optional)
- Slice pork fillet as thinly as you are able to. Place in a bowl to be marinated.
- Skin ginger. Slice thinly and cut into smaller strips. Place in a separate bowl.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce & cooking wine, if using, to the bowl of pork. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok, frying pan or saucepan or whatever cooking vessel you have available.
- Add ginger slices. Stir fry till you can smell the ginger.
- Add in the marinated pork. Stir fry until pork is no longer pink.
- Dish up and eat with plain white rice.