Chicken cakes as an appetizer or a main not for dessert!
What do you do with leftover chicken and mash potatoes? Salad or as is?
Some days when you just want that something different, this is an option. No leftover chicken? Be creative and change to whatever you might have handy.
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika (more if you prefer)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 stalk spring onions
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Slice green onions as fine as you can.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Best way to mix it well is to use your hands, grab a handful and make squeeze it out. Repeat till you are satisfied that the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Scoop a ball of the mixture, about 2 tablespoonful and place on a tray or plate. This should make about 8 balls.
- Gently flatten the balls into patties. Stick in the freezer for about 2 hours, this will help to firm up the patties and make it easier for frying.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry both sides of the patties for about 3-4 minutes.
- If you prefer to bake/grill in the oven. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Place patties on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for about 10-15 minutes or till the patties are golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.