When the menu was supposed to be Beef Stir fry with rice and the only beef strips fresh or frozen available are USA Short Plate Beef slices in the frozen section.
Thanks to Google, found some recipes for Short Plate Beef and was rather surprised to learn that Skirt Steak comes from this section of the cow. Nice.
What came up during the search was a recipe for Korean BBQ Galbi (short ribs), except that I wasn’t going to barbeque ribs and these were not ribs, but still worth a try.
So here’s my edited version the Korean BBQ Galbi using beef slices & stir fried.
Korean Galbi Stirfry
Short Plate Beef – 600g (optional to change to ribs)
1 red apple – peeled, cored, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon sesame oil
spring onion strips
toasted sesame seeds
- Process the ginger, garlic & apple to a fine paste. Add the rest of the ingredients & pulse to mix.
- Place the beef & marinade into a bowl, container or bag to marinade. If using beef slices, marinade for at least 30 minutes before frying.
- Stir fry the beef in some oil till cooked.
- Sprinkle with spring onion strips & sesame seed.
- Served with white rice, noodles, udon or in a sub.