Do you ever feel that when you make a cake of any sorts, there always is a lot leftover for you to finish and you don’t want to eat the same cake every day? Or worry about eating too much cake?
My answer is to reduce the amount on the ingredients that normally goes into a full size cake. Easy, just reduce in half a 3-egg recipe. How do you divide a full egg (white & yolk) in half, uncooked, raw?? I don’t. I just try to pare down the ingredients to a 1-egg recipe.
My answer to a healthy coffee cake from 1-apple 1-egg for 1-somebody.
Apple Coffee Cake
1 apple, peeled, cored, diced into small pieces
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil (canola)
4 tablespoon milk
- Macerate the diced apple with 1 teaspoon sugar & cinnamon powder. Macerate as in you mix these 3 ingredients together, toss them to mix (with a spoon!) and leave for a little while.
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, discard the shell. Beat it up with a whisk.
- Add the sugar & cooking oil to the beaten egg. Beat some more, see if you can get it to look like mayonaise, thick & creamy.
- Add the milk, mix it up.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder & salt into the egg mixture or batter.
- Add in the macerated apples. Mix it up.
- Pour into a 6″ round cake tin, please make sure the tin is greased so you will be able to remove the cake from the tin when it is cooked.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC (375ºF) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Leave in the tin for about 5 minutes before turning the cake out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve as is, with ice cream or with anything you think you want to have with the cake.
2 thoughts on “Apple Coffee Cake”
This looks really moist.
It really is. 😊Give it a try
LikeLiked by 1 person