Although this easy fruit salad is influenced by a Thai recipe (deconstructed for ease), I am not sure if it could be classified as one. Missing the fresh chilli and chopped peanuts for something with less kick & crunch. I’ve also made this including fresh strawberries & they do add a nice sweetness to the overall salad or relish?
Thai? Mango Salad
1 green mango
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon (about 4 teaspoons) sugar
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Sweet basil leaves
- Peel the skin off the mango
- Grate the mango into thin noodles. Mind those fingers!
- Slice the shallots as thin as you are able to, break it up & add to the mango noodles
- Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar & chilli sauce to the mango noodles & shallots. Mix it up.
- Cover with cling wrap & chill.
- Add shredded sweet basil leaves and/or chopped peanuts just before serving.
You can also add cooked rice vermicelli and/or fresh quartered strawberries.