Running our of ideas on what to cook, it is always great to have leftover cooked rice in the fridge. Not fried rice but baked. I must say this bake was not as cheesy as it could have been. It probably needed cheddar instead of mozzarella.
Mushroom Baked Rice
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup shredded chicken (cooked or leftover roast)
1/2 bell pepper
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese (cheddar would probably taste better)
1 can mushroom soup concentrate
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Put aside 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese to be used as a topping.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Grease a baking dish (large enough to hold everything!).
- Dump all the mixed ingredients into the dish & pat it down.
- Baked in a preheated oven of 200ºC (400ºF) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & top with the balance of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for another 5 minutes.