A quick & easy dish to prepare either as an appetizer, a side or an entree like scallops with aglio olio pasta, a Mediterranean rice and more.
500g scallops in half shell (fresh or frozen)
butter, about 3 tablespoon
minced garlic, about 4 cloves
chopped parsley, about 2 tablespoons
- Clean the scallops and remove any dirt or veins. Rinse and allow to dry just before use.
- Mix garlic, parsley & butter in a small bowl. Amount of each depends very much on how garlicky or buttery you prefer.
- Arrange the scallops onto a piece of heavy weight aluminium foil. You can layer them as I did.
- Place some of the garlic mix onto each of the scallops. If you are layering, ensure the bottom layer has the garlic mix on each scallop before putting on the next layer of scallops.
- Repeat until all the scallops are garlicked!
- Preheat oven and bake for 15-20 minutes on 200ºC (400ºF).