No, this is not about the Disney movie but the recipe for a French influenced vegetable stew.
It can be served as a main or a side or with pasta.
The main ingredients are the eggplant and zucchini.
The Eggplant or aubergine or brinjal as it is known in South East Asia are from the same family of nightshades. Health Benefits of Eggplant? Absolutely! My most touted or repeated refrain is that it helps reduce or regulate blood cholesterol.
Zucchini in Italian, Corguette in French or squash or marrow in it’s other names and forms. The Chinese way of eating marrow is to slice it thinly and stir fry or cook in a soup with ham. Some of the benefits of marrow are the reduction or regulating blood cholesterol, cleansing of the digestive system, as well as improving blood circulation.
Ingredients: serves 2
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
- Cut the eggplant & zucchini into chunks or diced. About 2cm or 1″ in size.
- Mince the garlic, slice the onions.
- Heat oil in pot and fry the garlic and onions.
- Add the eggplant & zucchini and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and add to the pot.
- Season with the thyme, oregano, black pepper & salt. Add the bay leaf as well.
- Bring to a boil before turning the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer till the tomatoes are cooked down to mush.
- Served on it’s own as a side or over pasta.