This dish is great as a snack and finger food. Very simple, lazy way of doing it up.
Ingredients: serves 1
6 chicken drumsticks
1 + 3 tablespoon sugar
- Zest the orange and extract the juice. Place zest & juice in a ovenproof bowl or container.
- Remove the skin of the ginger and grate. Add to the orange juice & zest.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the sugar to the marinade.
- Add the drumsticks and allow to marinade for at least an hour. Remember to turn them or toss them every now and again.
- Heat oven to 200ºC (400ºF) and place the drumsticks (in the ovenproof container) into the cold oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour the juice into a small saucepan, add the remaining 3 tablespoon of sugar.
- Boil the sauce till it thickens. Watch that it doesn’t overflow. It doesn’t have to be on high heat just high enough for the sauce to boil.