Following in the rage of making Rose shaped wantons or dumplings or pot stickers. This is my story.
You can use regular wanton (yellow skin i.e. with egg) or the pot sticker pastry to make these little darlings.
Rose Wanton / Dumplings / Potstickers 玫瑰云吞 / 铰子 / 锅贴
Ingredients: are the same as that of my Pot Stickers 锅贴 with the following steps to follow.
chicken mince, about 400g (about 14oz or 0.875lbs)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (optional)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 stalks spring onions, sliced fine
- Place 2-3 skins overlapping on the counter top or preparation area.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling across the centers of the skins, leaving about 1cm from the edges.
- Wet the edges with cornstarch solution. Press to seal.
- Roll from one end to the other.
- Seal the end of the roll with some cornstarch solution, lightly press to seal it.
- Open up the ends so it resembles a rose.
- To cook, simply place them in a frying pan with lid. Add water and boil on high heat for about 8-10 minutes.