There is always a new recipe trending when it nears Chinese New Year. This was from 2018 trending recipe which as usual has been adapted to suit my taste buds. The original recipe was from Ann Low Melt in your mouth Pineapple Tarts
This is mine……………..
Ingredients: makes about 48 flaky balls
227g (8oz) unsalted butter, diced
275g (about 2-1/3 cup) plain / all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon milk powder (or 3 tablespoon cornstarch or custard powder)
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon cold water (ice water)
Pineapple filling (store bought. Shaped into balls of about 8g weight, using a melon scoop is a great measure)
- Sieve flour, salt, milk powder & icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, using a dough hook, mix till the mixture is crumbly.
- Beat the egg yolk with the water in a small bowl before adding to the dough.
- Stop mixing when the dough comes together.
- Place in a plastic bag and store in the fridge at least 30 minutes before using.
- Split the dough into portions of about 11g each.
- Watch the video below on how to roll the pineapple filling into the dough.
Preheat oven to 180ºC (375ºF) and bake the balls for 15-20 minutes.
- Optional for you to glaze the balls with egg yolk mixed with 2 tablespoon of water. Brush over the pastry before baking for a slightly golden bake on the top. For a full glaze, brush glaze immediately after baking.
- Cool on rack and pack into containers of choice.