2 red bell peppers (capsicum)
2 cloves garlic
75g salted butter, melted
pinch of salt
dash of pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/8 teaspoon ground paprika (more if you prefer if with more kick)
- Char the peppers over a gas flame till the skin is black.
- Remove and place in a brown paper bag or wrap with some newspaper, place in a plastic bag for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove skin of the peppers, stalk, membranes & seeds.
- Place chunks (you can just tear the peppers apart) with all the ingredients into a food processor or chopper.
- Process till smooth, sort of.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with toasted pita bread or berber breador fresh vegetables.