When I made this dish for my family, I didn’t have a name for it. Just something made up with ingredients in the fridge and cupboards.
My daughter asked if this was a Korean inspired dish like the Gyeran mari (Korean rolled omelette)?
A search on the internet provided us with the name of the dish and that it is a popular lunch box dish. So when you are clueless on what to cook up, this could be a contender.
Korean BBQ Sausage Stir-fry
10 cocktail chicken sausages
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
Red capsicum/bell pepper (1/4) sliced
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Heinz)
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Sliced each sausage at a slant, BUT do not cut it all the way through.
- Fry the onion & bell pepper in some oil.
- Add the sausages when the onion turns translucent.
- Mix the BBQ sauce, ketchup & chilli sauce with some water (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Add the sauces to the sausages, stir a little and allow to come to a boil. Simmer (turn the heat down!) till most of the sauce have been absorbed.
- Serve with white rice, mashed potatoes or in a hot dog roll.