Posting this basic basic stir fry in case anyone wants it. Especially for my daughter when she graduates into eating other types of vegetables and mushrooms, which are a favourite of mine.
Ingredients: serves 3-4
1 head broccoli
1 head cauliflower (optional)
5-6 fresh shitake mushrooms (dried shitake or other types of mushrooms work as well)
1 onion (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the broccoli & cauliflower (if using) into florets.
- Remove the skin on the carrot (for easier chewing & texture). Slice at a diagonal of about 2-3mm thickness, for quicker cooking.
- Slice the mushrooms. If you are using dried mushrooms, remember to soak them to rehydrate before slicing.
- Slice the onion after removing the outer layers.
- To stir fry – heat some oil, add the onions & garlic. Once the onions are translucent, add the rest of the vegetables NOT the mushroom.
- Allow the vegetables to cook especially the carrots, as it needs a slightly longer cooking time. Test if cook by poking a fork into the carrot slice or leave it as carrots can be eaten raw, just a matter of personal preference on texture & crunch.
- Add the mushrooms & both salts.
- Stir it around to mix, allow the mushrooms to cook.
- Remove from heat & serve.