What can be more comforting than chicken pot pie on a rainy day? Well, maybe curry but for now, we are going to be looking at a quick easy bake.
Ingredients: serves 2-3
1 chicken breast (about 200gm)
1 very small carrot
1/2 cup frozen peas
Dried thyme & oregano
Salt & pepper
1 cup chicken stock
Puff pastry or Roti Prata pastry
- Dice into small pieces the chicken breast, potato (peeled), carrot & onion.
- Fry the onion in oil till it turns translucent.
- Add the potato and carrot, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and fry till it turns white.
- Add the chicken stock and herbs. Bring to a boil before turning to simmer till the vegetables are cooked. Add some water if needed.
- Mix some cornflour with water and add to the cooked vegetables to thicken it.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon the pie mixture into 4 medium pie holders (about 11cm wide x 3cm high) or bowls suitable for use in the oven.
- Cut puff pastry to cover tops of pie holders or bowls. Allow some overhang.
- Place puff pastry on top of the ingredients, press lightly along the edges of the pie holders or bowls, to allow the puff pastry to stick.
- Price some holes into the puff pastry to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake in a preheated 190ºC (375ºF) for 20 minutes or when the tops of the puff pastry is browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.