Seafood fantasy? A slightly tedious way of grilling prawns. These prawns can be steamed and packed with loads more garlic & parsley if so desired.
The tedium is cutting and cleaning the prawns ready to be packed with garlic, parsley & butter. Prep work is usually more time consuming than the actual consumption of the meal. Definately worth the work! I would have preferred to have bulged the prawns up with more garlic, parsley & butter, however not everybody is a garlic fan.
Ingredients: serves 6 (2 prawns to each person)
12 fresh Tiger prawns
1 head of garlic, skins removed, minced
Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Using kitchen scissors, cut off the long feelers located at the head of the prawn.
- Cut along the spine of the prawn, from start of body to the end of the tail.
- Wash & remove any bits of dirt and yucky stuff. Pat dry the prawns and lay them parallel on your baking dish.
- Mix the minced garlic and parsley. Stuff the prawns with the mixture.
- Drop small pieces of butter on the prawns.
- Grill in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until it turns orange. Oven temperature at 200ºC (400ºF).
- If grilling on the barbecue, wrap the prawns in aluminium foil.
- To steam the prawns in the oven, cover the baking dish with foil.