I finally made an effort to attempt this eggless version using ground flaxmeal as an egg substitute. Having the banana (mashed) must have played a part in allowing the other ingredients to adhere together.
My 1-banana recipe adapted from my Banana Cranberry Cake recipe.
My oft complain about mashing just one (1) banana has been resolved with a homemade masher for a single banana. Here is what it looks like!
A cheap fork bent to 90º! Back to baking.
Eggless 1-Banana Loaf
1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal
3 tablespoon water
1 banana, mashed
2/3 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Soak the ground flaxmeal in the water. Allow it to soak completely. Once that is done, you will still see some liquid at the top.
- Place the vegetable oil, sugar & flaxmeal in a mixing bowl. Give it a good mix. It should come together very nicely.
- Add the mashed bananas, another mix.
- Add flour & baking powder and mix it all up.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Pour the mixture into a greased small loaf pan, about 7-7.1/2″ or smaller if it is available.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes.