Basic beef mince that can be used as is, served with mashed potatoes, over white rice, with pasta or noodles or as a filling in tacos or cottage pie.
Ingredients: serves 4-6 depending of how it is served
600g (about 1-1/2 lbs) minced beef
1 onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 beef stock cube
salt & pepper to taste
- Fry onion & garlic with oil in a saucepan till onion is clear.
- Add minced beef and fry till the beef is cooked.
- Add in the beef stock cube and some water. Don’t add too much water as you will find that the beef will lose moisture during the cooking process.
- Add dried or fresh herbs of your liking (thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley to name a few) as well as 1-bay leaf.
- Simmer till most of the liquid has been reduced.
- Taste & add salt and pepper to your liking.