Ingredients: for 3-4 persons
600g (about 1lb 5 oz) Beef slices for stir fry
1 red onion, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup red wine or rice vinegar (you can substitute with balsamic vinegar)
- Marinade the beef with marinade ingredients for at least 15-20 minutes. The vinegar helps to break down the beef and make it tender.
- Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan. Add onions, celery & garlic when the oil has heated up. Fry till they turn lighter in colour.
- Add beef slices & fry till the beef is cooked.
- Add some water and boil till there marinade turns thick.
- Plate and serve as is or you can sprinkle some sliced spring onions on top.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Note: Leftover beef slices are great on pizza!