What do you do with leftover mashed potatoes? I make mine into Gnocchi. Simple, quick and tasty.
1 cup mashed potatoes (leftover or fresh)
1/4 cup plain / all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
- Mix all the above together in a mixing bowl. Add some salt & pepper if preferred.
- If the mixture is too wet, add more flour by the tablespoonful till the dough is easy to handle. Too dry, add some water.
- Roll into a sausage or two. cut into small bite-size morsels.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water as you would with pasta. (Add salt & oil in the water)
- Serve with pasta sauce, grated parmesan cheese & shredded sweet basil.