An easy roasted pork loin that serves 6-8 persons easily.
2 kg (about 5 lbs) pork loin
Parsley, chopped (1 bunch)
Coriander leaves, chopped (1 bunch)
Garlic, 1 bulb
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup Chicken stock (homemade if you can)
1/4 cup Wine (optional)
- Wash & pat dry the parsley & coriander. Pluck the leaves & discard the stalks. Chop coarsely and place in a bowl.
- Peel garlic cloves & chop coarsely. Place in same bowl as the herbs. Toss to mix.
- Remove any membranes from the pork loin. It’s fine if you are not able to get a whole piece of pork loin, 2-3 big portions will do.
- Salt & pepper the meat in a baking dish that can hold the meat. How much salt & pepper? I used about 2 tablespoon of salt & a teaspoon of pepper. It really depends on your taste preference.
- Place half portion of the herb mix on top of the meat. Rub a little to release some of the flavouring. Flip the meat over and put the balance half of herb mix over the meat.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the pork.
- Pour the chicken stock & wine, if using over the meat to get an even spread of the liquids.
- Roast for about 45-60 minutes in a 200ºC (400ºF) oven on the middle rack.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before carving.
Suggested simple sides : Roasted potatoes, baked carrots and green salad
*Wrap potatoes (3 potatoes for every 2 persons) in aluminium foil.
*Wrap peeled whole carrots (1 for each person, try and choose the smaller carrots) in aluminium foil.
Place in oven together with the meat when cooking.