Following on my earlier post on Itrion – an ancient Roman affair on the Mini Raspberry cheesecakes that I made.
This is based on a very basic Philadelphia Cream cheese recipe after a botched attempt in using mascarpone cheese to make.
The base for the mini cheesecakes was a store bought round shaped biscuit/cookie. Not some brand name item just something that would fit into the pans of the mini cupcake pans that I used.
2 x 8oz (227g) Cream Cheese blocks, Philadelphia cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 packet of round biscuits/cookies (to fit the mini cupcake pans)
Raspberries, fresh – cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (360 or 375ºF is fine)
- Cream the cheese with the sugar till it smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix till it comes together.
- Place mini cupcake liners into the 24-cupcake pans
- Place biscuit into each of the pans.
- Spoon the cream cheese mix into the pans till about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or when the cupcake lines leave the edge of the pans.
- Remove from pan & cool on rack.
- Place raspberry halves on top of each cheesecake before serving.
- You can sieve some icing sugar on top of the cheesecakes before serving for a better presentation.