Revisiting this recipe in March 2021, how simple life was.
Have been craving? wanting? to make them for the last few weeks, punnets of blueberries in the fridge and still looking fresh. Shall I?
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
200 ml plain yoghurt
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs (large)
2 cups blueberries
(B) Streusel topping
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Prepare Streusel topping first. Combine flour, sugar & cinnamon powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix into the dry mix using your fingers until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Leave aside.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF or 180ºC.
- Next up, getting the Muffin mixture ready. Sieve flour, baking powder & salt into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs with sugar till it feels light.
- Add yoghurt & oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mix to the egg mixture about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix well with each addition.
- Add in 1-1/2 cups of blueberries.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Fill liners 3/4 cup full. Top with the balance blueberries.
- Top the Streusel over the blueberries.
- Bake in over for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Test with skewer in center of muffin to ensure they are cooked through.
Recipe adapted from Blueberry streusel muffins
One thought on “Blueberry Streusel Muffins”