Leftover Ferrero Rocher chocolates, over ripe bananas.
Another way to use them up into a healthy breakfast or snack. I would have made them into muffins except that it meant I would need more Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Quick cooking oats and dark brown sugar (less sweet) helps to ease the guilty conscience somewhat, I think.
Ingredients: makes 2 small 8″ loaves
2 over ripe bananas, mashed
5-6 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, broken into pieces
1.1/2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt together.
- Beat eggs with the oil until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat some more just to mix the sugar and the fats properly.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour some batter into the prepared greased loaf pans.
- Sorinkle the broken up Rocher on top of batter.
- Top the rest of the the batter over the Rocher pieces.
- Bake in preheated 180ºC (375ºF) oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
- You can make them into muffins if you wish, cooking time will then by about 15-18 minutes.
- You can also add chopped nuts or increase the amount of flour by 1/2 cup for a less dense cake.